Due to unadaptability of the style sheet with the browser used in your computer, pages may not look as original.
Even in such a case, however, the contents can be used safely.
Clinical Workflow Solution Gives NEC Leading Market Positioning
Irving, Texas – August 7, 2012 – NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, networking and biometric solutions, today announced a distribution agreement with EXTENSION, Inc., a leading healthcare ISV/IT solutions provider. EXTENSION’s award-winning clinical workflow solutions enable collaborative communication between clinical staff and patients by sending instant, context-aware alerts to staff’s preferred devices.
NEC’s unified communications (UC) offerings are enhanced by EXTENSION’s open, standards-based HealthAlert solution suite to help hospitals compete in their marketplace while recognizing a greater return on their telephony, wireless infrastructure, and other HIT investments. The comprehensive HealthAlert solution includes pre-configured workflows for:
· Nurse Call Integration – Aggregates alerts from nurse call systems with Electronic Health Records (EHR), Hospital Info Systems (HIS) or other clinical data via a server-based architecture that enables the delivery of alerts populated with comprehensive and dynamic data to EXTENSION-supported devices
· Device Messaging – Sends pre-defined and custom HIPAA-compliant text-based messages between EXTENSION-supported devices, including in-house IP phones and cellular based smartphones, supporting bring-your-own-device (BYOD) and pager replacement efforts
· Critical Lab Result Notification– Critical test results are sent to an EXTENSION-supported device, enabling instant communications with the lab to meet Joint Commission requirements
· STAT Order Notification – Supports computerized physician order entry (CPOE) by sending detailed STAT Order alerts to nurses on an EXTENSION-supported device
· Report Availability - Sends full Radiology, Cardiology, and Pathology reports to an EXTENSION supported device inside or securely outside the walls of the hospital.
· Staff Assignment - Staff assignment for individuals or groups via mobile devices, or user-friendly web interface.
If an organization wishes to expand the capabilities of HealthAlert, they can upgrade to an EXTENSION Engine license and unlock the ability to add and/or create new, customized workflow configurations while maintaining the current ones.
“Increased healthcare reliance on mobile access to voice and data from anywhere and supporting the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend has increased pressure on hospitals to simplify communications within their IT landscapes,” said Todd Plesko, chief executive officer, EXTENSION. “EXTENSION and NEC are kicking off a strong partnership to offer healthcare providers the solutions they need for greater productivity and efficient use of a unified communications solution.”
“Through this agreement, NEC will be able to leverage the clinical expertise of the EXTENSION sales and professional services teams to better support the workflow transformation and connectivity needs of our increasingly mobile healthcare customers,” said Ram Menghani, vice president-UC products and support, NEC Corporation of America. “By combining the expertise of both the NEC and EXTENSION teams, we will create a laser-focused organization that will thrive, innovate and drive best-of-breed solutions into the healthcare market faster than our competition.”
More information on NEC can be found here:
YouTube at www.youtube.com/interactiveNEC
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
About NEC Corporation of America
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC Corporation of America is a leading provider of innovative IT, network, communications and biometrics products and solutions for service carriers, Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including Healthcare, Government, Education and Hospitality. NEC Corporation of America delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical and virtualized network systems, microwave radio communications and biometric security. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
EXTENSION® offers award-winning solutions that facilitate instant communication between patients and clinicians. Our solutions enhance common communication devices (wireless phones, smartphones, and communication badges) used as clinical workflow tools by aggregating data from various HIS/IT systems and delivering time-critical alerts to the devices. By establishing repeatable and reliable processes with EXTENSION's workflow software, healthcare systems improve patient safety, patient and staff satisfaction, and efficiency. For more, visit www.OpenTheRedBox.com.
© 2012 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners..