: December 20, 2019
Protecting your privacy is important to NEC Corporation of America ("NEC", "we", "our," or "us") and we strive to keep your personal
better service. The purpose of this Policy is to inform you about the types of information we collect about you when you use our services
or visit www.necam.com
and other websites that we operate which link to this Policy ("our Site"), how we may use that information, whether
we disclose it to anyone, and your rights and choices as it pertains to that information.
Please take a moment to read this Policy to learn how we handle your personal information. If you have any questions regarding this Policy,
please contact us using the contact information at the end of this Policy. By continuing to use our Sites and services, you agree with the
terms of this Policy.
This Policy covers only data collected through the Site and not any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation,
data collection practices of other web pages to which we link or data that we or our subsidiaries collect offline or through websites,
products, or services that do not display a direct link to this Policy. Different or separate terms and privacy policies may apply to the
solutions and services we provide to our customers.
How We Collect Information
We collect information from a variety of sources. The following are categories of sources from which information may be collected:
Information We Collect
- When you contact us via the "Contact Us" section on the Site, or otherwise actively send us data (in each such instance, you will know
what data we collect through the Site, because you actively submit it);
- From business partners and third party service providers;
- Automatically from your computer or mobile device through cookies and online tools (see the Cookies section of this Policy for more
- From our customers who request certain services to be provided to you.
The specific pieces of personal information that NEC collects, uses, and shares depends on how you use our Site or services we provide to
The categories of personal information we may collect on our Site include:
- Contact information (such as your name, institution, specialty, email address(es), mailing address(es), country)
- Internet or other Electronic/Online Network Activity Information (such as your browser type, operating system, IP
address, domain name from which you accessed the Site, type of mobile device, date and time you visit the Site, areas or pages of the Site
that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, number of times you return to the Site and other click-stream data)
To provide certain products and services, we may also collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Personal identifiers (such as your Social Security number, Driverâ€™s License/State ID number, Passport number).
- Financial information (such as credit/debit card number, bank account number).
- Employment/Professional information (such as occupation, title, and work experience).
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, and ethnicity).
- Personal characteristics (such as veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, and familial information).
- Health-related information (such as medical history).
- Biometric information (such as fingerprints, facial scanning, voice recordings, and photographs/images).
- Geo-location information (such as city/state, zip code, physical location or movements).
- Internet or other Electronic/Online Network Activity information (such as IP address, browsing history, search history,
device type, operating system, duration of session).
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of personal information reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, attitudes
In addition to the above categories, you may provide us with additional pieces of information when you fill in a form, apply for a job, or
communicate with us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine various types of data that we collect, including data from
our customers or third party sources.
customized content or offers on the Site; (2) monitor Site usage; (3) remember you when you return to the Site; and (4) conduct research to
improve our content and services. We do not currently respond to 'do not track' signals. You are free to decline cookies, but by doing so,
you may not be able to use certain features on the Site or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Check the "Help" menu of your
browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
How We Use Information
We use the data we collect for the following purposes:
Disclosures of Personal Information
- To provide a product or service to our customers;
- To respond to requests that you send us, such as orders, questions or product registrations;
- To administer, protect and improve our Site and our systems;
- To better understand the preferences of our Site visitors;
- To compile aggregated statistics about Site usage;
- To help personalize your experience of our Site;
- To improve our products and services and other internal business purposes;
- To provide you with information about our technologies, product or service releases, news, and other communications; and
- Any other use we describe at the point where we collect the data.
We do not share your personally identifiable information with others, except as follows:
- Affiliated Entities. We may share your personal information to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including
future subsidiaries and affiliates of NEC to use your information consistent with this Policy;
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal information with Third Party Service Providers who provide us
with services, such as data analysis, online advertising, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services, credit information services,
customer service, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for
them to perform their functions, and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such personal information;
- Commercial Partners. We may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties who partner with us to deliver
our services or on our commercial activities. Depending on the choices you have made and the nature of the joint activity, these third
parties may contact you regarding products or services of interest. However, we do not sell personal information with unaffiliated third
parties for their own marketing purposes;
- As required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others' legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in
connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings;
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment,
transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any
bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any information that we collect from site users or offline to a third party;
- Where you have granted us permission, and we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information collected via the Site that
is not in personally identifiable form.
NEC does not sell your personal information for money. We may share your personal information with third parties and service providers
for the purposes described in this Policy.
Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to certain rights and choices as it pertains to your personal information,
including the right:
Exercising Your Rights
- To know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information
is sold or disclosed and the purpose, and with whom your personal information was shared;
- To request deletion of personal information;
- To access a copy of the personal information we retain about you;
- To opt-out of the sale of personal information; and
- To non-discrimination based on the exercise of a consumer's privacy rights.
In connection with promotions or other special projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of
data use or sharing. If you opt-out under such circumstances, we will respect your decision.
If personal information you have submitted through the Site is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please
contact us and upon appropriate request we will usually be glad to update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use
information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
To exercise any other rights as described in this Policy, please submit a verifiable request by contacting us using the contact information
identity must be verified. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to
help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their
authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information. If you are an authorized agent or parent/guardian making
a request on behalf of an individual or your minor child, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are
authorized to make that request.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will
inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information
from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, we cannot warrant the security of any information
users transmit to us.
We may engage some third-party vendors, including Google, in remarketing activities online. While these activities are outside of the
scope of this Policy, we wish to make you aware of them and your rights:
Children and Minors
- We may remarket through third-party vendors, including Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet.
of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We do not knowingly collect or use any information from children (we define "children" as minors younger than 13). We do not knowingly
allow children to use our products, services, or communicate with us. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us
with information, please contact us using the contact information at the end of this Policy, and we will work with you to address the
recently posted version whenever you visit this Site.
If you have questions about your personal information or your rights under this policy, please feel free to contact us at
or at the following address:
Customer Information Privacy Practices
c/o Legal Department
NEC Corporation of America
3929 W. John Carpenter Freeway
Irving, Texas 75063