NEC’s authentication solution is robustly designed and
caters to a plethora of healthcare-specific applications.
- Superior Precision: Our facial recognition technology harnesses the power of sophisticated algorithms and deep learning techniques, offering an accuracy rate that outperforms industry norms. This guarantees reliable identification and verification of patients and healthcare professionals, significantly curtailing the chances of unauthorized access to sensitive medical information.
- Efficient Integration: NEC's solution integrates seamlessly with your current healthcare systems and IT infrastructure, facilitating an effective and smooth implementation process. Our team of experts collaboratively work with you to personalize and tailor the solution as per the unique requirements of your healthcare institution.
- Improved Patient Experience: By swapping traditional authentication methodologies like PINs or passwords with facial biometrics, your patients can relish a seamless and user-friendly experience. They can securely access their medical records and carry out transactions via a simple biometric scan, freeing them from the burden of remembering various credentials.
- Regulatory Compliance: Recognizing the demanding regulatory landscape in the healthcare sector, NEC's facial biometric solution aligns with industry regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, and KYC. This guarantees data privacy, security and helps maintain compliance with essential regulatory standards.
Safeguard Your Business with Superior Biometrics
Application of Biometrics and Digital ID
Biometrics lets you build your base of users with confidence. Each account holder has one face, and the biometric formula derived from that face will be recognized if the user tries to open another account under a different email login name and email address.
Some states use the same technology to prevent identity fraud when evaluating new driver’s licenses and social service benefits requests.
Award-winning NEC biometrics algorithms and the NEC platform are far more reliable than typical device-based systems, which can be circumvented. If a user loses their phone, re-establishing secure accounts on the new device is faster with NEC biometric verification.
How It Works
NEC's identity services integrate with your app, where the user sets up their Digital Token.
The user can use several fintech apps but has only one profile for each, based on the unique Digital Token.
Authenticating the biometric Digital Token stored on each user's phone with the encryption key on the NEC Digital Platform means they are protected even if your database is breached. Hackers can't make fraudulent transactions.
The Digital Token is stored on their phone, not your centralized server, so it cannot be stolen in a data breach.
Once a Digital Token is established via an app, the same unique Digital Token is used for all apps enabled by NEC identity services.
Use Cases and Benefits
The use of Biometric Digital IDs in healthcare promises improved security and efficiency. These solutions can streamline patient identification, manage sensitive data, enable remote monitoring, and play a crucial role in initiatives like vaccine distribution. However, ethical use and strict data protection norms are essential for their successful implementation.
- Patient Identification: Biometric digital IDs can provide a reliable and efficient means of identifying patients. This can help avoid identification errors, leading to severe issues such as medication mistakes or incorrect treatments.
- Secure Access to Medical Records: By linking a patient's biometric ID to their electronic health records (EHRs), healthcare providers can enhance the security of sensitive data. Only those with the correct biometric identifiers, like a biometric face scan, could access these records, reducing the risk of data breaches or unauthorized access.
- Telemedicine: With the rise of telemedicine, it is becoming increasingly important to verify the identity of patients remotely. Biometric digital IDs can be used to securely authenticate patients during online consultations.
- Medication Management: To prevent medication errors and misuse, biometric IDs can be used to track and manage prescription medications. Biometric data can confirm that the proper medication is being given to the right patient.
- Access Control: Biometric IDs can also control access to certain areas within healthcare facilities, such as operating rooms, pharmacies, or patient wards. This can improve security and ensure only authorized personnel can enter these areas.
- Remote Patient Monitoring: For patients using wearable devices or home health equipment, biometric digital IDs can ensure the data generated is accurately associated with the right patient. This is especially important when monitoring critical health parameters and providing personalized care.
- Clinical Trials: Biometric IDs can ensure that the suitable participant receives the correct treatment or medication in clinical trials, reducing potential errors and increasing the integrity of the trials.
- Healthcare Insurance Fraud Prevention: Biometric digital IDs can also help prevent healthcare insurance fraud. By positively identifying individuals, it's more difficult for fraudulent claims to be made.
- Vaccine Distribution: Biometric digital IDs can help track and manage vaccine distribution, ensuring vaccines are appropriately administered to the right individuals, especially in large-scale public health campaigns.
These are just a few potential use cases. As technology evolves, biometric digital IDs can be utilized in many other ways in the healthcare sector, providing efficiency, security, and patient care benefits. However, ensuring that such systems are used ethically, respecting patient privacy and consent, and complying with relevant data protection regulations is essential.
Why NEC Biometrics
Stop SIM swap fraud, data breaches, and one-time passwords with a next generation identity service solution. Integrating NEC Mobile SDK saves time and money.
NEC’s biometrics algorithms are rated #1 for speed and accuracy by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. It leads the industry in verification across demographics and includes an industry first matching capability with nose and mouth covered by a face mask. Liveness detection to prevent spoofing is built into the NEC digital identification Platform.
NEC maintains its standing as a pioneer and innovator in the biometrics and digital identity services space by continually investing in and improving its algorithm with a robust R&D budget.