Irving, Texas & Tokyo, Japan, October 10, 2018 – NEC Corporation of America (NEC), along with NEC Corporation, is pleased to announce large technology companies in California’s Silicon Valley are upgrading from old vintage 80Gbps wireless technology to NEC’s iPASOLINK EX-Advanced.
Introduced to the U.S. market in July 2016, NEC’s iPASOLINK EX-Advanced is among the most field-proven 80GHz 10Gbps outdoor wireless transmission radios in the U.S. market. NEC has a long-standing reputation in the wireless industry for delivering high quality and reliable point-to-point wireless communications to U.S.-based customers for the past 50 years.
Today, authorized NEC resellers such as Pacific Communications are delivering turnkey full-duplex NEC 20 Gbps outdoor wireless solutions to their enterprise customers with great confidence due to the field proven performance and highly reliable features of NEC’s iPASOLINK EX-Advanced solution.
The NEC iPASOLINK EX-Advanced solution was selected by major tech firms in California’s Silicon Valley over competitors’ solutions for the following reasons.
- The EX-Advanced solution is the most field-proven 80GHz 10Gbps solution in the U.S. as well as worldwide, and is approaching 10,000 units shipped in just a 24-month period
- For network applications requiring encryption, EX-Advanced supports AES encryption via software keys for clients in the healthcare and financial industries
- With channel sizes ranging from 62.5MHz to 2000MHz, the EX-Advanced is very versatile and takes full advantage of the abundance of spectrum available in the lightly licensed 80GHz spectrum. With larger channel sizes, the EX-Advanced supports not only higher throughput capabilities but also provides greater link distances without sacrificing link availabilities.
- Experienced a 10-to-20 times increase in throughput over 80GHz solutions introduced 10 years ago
- EX-Advanced can scale from 2Gbps up to 20 Gbps without any hardware forklifts
- High value enterprise wireless solution, including many differentiating features, such as Adaptive Modulation and Bandwidth as standard features in all iPASOLINK EX-Advanced Radios
- NEC backs its quality and reliability with a standard 3-year manufacturer warranty
- 24x7x365 NEC Customer Support Center in Virginia
- The NEC EX-Advanced solution also supports hardware redundant configurations, which is equivalent to having dual fiber entrance connectivity to a customer building for additional network reliability
“We are pleased to be partnered with NEC and our customers in Silicon Valley are very pleased with the performance and high reliability of NEC’s iPASOLINK EX-Advanced system, which fully meets their max 20Gbps transport capacity, data capabilities, and reliability requirements,” said Richard S. Nelson, President and CEO, Pacific Communications. “By its scalability from 2Gbps to 20Gbps, the iPASOLINK EX-Advanced can even compete against fiber solutions.”
“NEC is delighted with our partnership with Pacific Communications, who has been instrumental in the success of the iPASOLINK EX-Advanced with large companies in Silicon Valley. We are also pleased with Pacific Communications’ capabilities and over 35 years of radio frequency (RF) experience in delivering wireless solutions,” said Bobby Morita, Vice President, Service Provider Unit, NEC Corporation of America. “With NEC’s longevity in the U.S. market, these customers will benefit from the local support from Pacific Communications and NEC’s U.S.-based Customer Support Center.”
NEC has an accomplished history of providing highly reliable wireless transmission radio systems. NEC’s PASOLINK series features a wide variety of advanced wireless technologies cultivated under challenging environmental conditions.
About Pacific Communications
With over 5,000 installations completed, Pacific Communications is a licensed California Contractor offering complete end-to-end wireless network solutions. Located in San Jose, California. “Paccomm” has been providing the High Tech industry of Silicon Valley excellent service for over three (3) decades. Available services are: point to point wireless backhaul, point to multipoint wireless bridges, WiMax backhaul, wireless mesh products, indoor Wi-Fi, and municipal Wi-Fi. Pacific Communications delivers the highest level of knowledge and competence with both unlicensed wireless Ethernet Bridges and licensed microwave communication network connectivity. For more information, please visit www.paccommp2p.com
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. The NEC Group globally provides "Solutions for Society" that promote the safety, security efficiency and fairness of society. Under the company’s corporate message of “Orchestrating a brighter world,” NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, visit NEC at http://www.nec.com
About NEC Corporation of America
NEC Corporation of America (NEC) is a leading technology integrator providing solutions that improve the way people work and communicate. NEC delivers integrated Solutions for Society that are aligned with our customers' priorities to create new value for people, businesses and society, with a special focus on safety, security and efficiency. We deliver one of the industry's strongest and most innovative portfolios of communications, analytics, security, biometrics and technology solutions that unleash customers' productivity potential. Through these solutions, NEC combines its best-in-class solutions and technology, and leverages a robust partner ecosystem to solve today's most complex business problems. NEC Corporation of America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in 160 countries and $25 billion in revenues. For more information, please visit www.necam.com
© 2018 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Return To 2018 Announcements